Office / Finance Administrator (Part Time)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Discovered Intelligence is a big data intelligence services and solutions provider, headquartered in Toronto and serving all of North America. The company is specifically focused on helping enterprises gain superior levels of intelligence and visibility from data at scale. Our customers range from businesses with small data sets, to Fortune 500 companies managing hundreds of terabytes. We are award winning experts on the Splunk big data platform, with over 20 years combined expertise and authors of the Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook.
About the Job
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and experienced office and finance administrator. The Office/Finance Administrator plays a vital role in the day to day operations of our entire organization. We provide you with an environment in which you can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for personal learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience, and success, of our customers.
Discovered Intelligence offers a great flexible working environment, a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits.
- Experienced in processing invoices, bills, payroll, and maintaining general ledger accounts and completing monthly reconciliations.
- Can prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- You are diligent in managing accounts receivable and assisting in follow up and collection efforts.
- Can work closely with external tax partners during tax seasons in Canada and the US
- You can manage office operations and logistics, maintaining supplies, coordinating events on an ongoing basis.
- Provide administrative and clerical support with ad hoc duties and projects as needed.
- Contributes to the overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Will be self-motivated and willing to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow colleagues.
- Are organized with a healthy sense of urgency. Able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Are a team player – you collaborate with others to solve problems and can actively incorporate input from various sources.
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar finance administration role.
- Familiarity and ability to work with Xero, QuickBooks, and other accounting software.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be legally eligible to work unrestricted in Canada.
It would be great if you had:
- A diploma or certificate in office administration, finance or business.
- Experience in a consulting organization with exposure to a variety of industries, preferably in a multi-client environment.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes should include a cover letter highlighting your skills and why you feel you would be a good fit to join our team. No recruitment consultants or agencies please.