Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Discovered Intelligence is a big data intelligence services and solutions provider, headquartered in Toronto and serving all of North America. The company is specifically focused on helping enterprises gain superior levels of intelligence and visibility from data at scale. Our customers range from businesses with small data sets, to Fortune 500 companies managing hundreds of terabytes. We are award winning experts on the Splunk big data platform, with over 20 years combined expertise and authors of the Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook.
About the Job
Do you know Splunk and looking to move into a new exciting and challenging role?!
We are looking for a Splunk Consultant to join our growing team of skilled individuals. Our Splunk consultants work with some of the world’s most respected companies, designing and implementing Splunk deployments and developing intelligence driven Splunk applications. Our Splunk consultants are self-motivated and great communicators, who have a desire to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Successful Splunk consultants are willing to travel, are comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.
Discovered Intelligence offers a great flexible working environment, a competitive salary, leading training and comprehensive benefits. Comprehensive Splunk training will be provided.
- Willing to work side by side with Splunk customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of Splunk use cases.
- Can collaborate and listen to our Splunk customers; from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow colleagues.
- Are organized with a healthy sense of urgency. Able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines, despite competing priorities.
- Are a team player – you collaborate with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources.
- Like to be challenged and thrives in a varied working environment, with the opportunity to travel.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree or post-secondary diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years IT Operations or Information Security Operations experience.
- 2+ years Splunk experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Linux operating systems: Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to travel within North America up to 50% of the time.
- Must be legally eligible to work unrestricted in Canada.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with Hadoop, Elasticsearch or other big data technologies.
- Experience in technical systems consulting.
- Experience with database and analytical tools.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes should include a cover letter highlighting your skills and why you feel you would be a good fit to join our team. No recruitment consultants or agencies please.